Re: Configuring the EasySync Demo

This topic is 3540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Just a little feedback on the documentation for the EasySync Demo which I tried out. In The ReadMe says:

"*** Configuring the EasySync Demo Database **

In order to sync with your copy of the hosted demo database, you need to configure the mobile database so that the "Hosted_Database" external data source points to your FileMaker Server. ( File > Manage > External Data Sources ) 

"Then see the Documentation page on the EasySync Web site ( http://fmeasysync.com ) for information on how to wire up a few of the remote scripts that are called in the mobile database.

However after setting the External Data Sources as per paragraph 1 above, the two remote scripts (Perform Script on Server) worked with no help from me. 

The Documentation page says,

Step 10. Update the "Sync Check" script.
You will need to fix the following references to scripts that are in the hosted database:
• Approximately Line 39: Perform Script on Server should point to "Sync Check" in the "Hosted Database"
• Approximately Line 43: Perform Script should point to "Sync Check" in the "Hosted Database"

In my case testing the Demo files, both of the lines mentioned were fine as is (after I set the external data source). I did notice that these scripts got messed up if I logged into the mobile version with a new account that I added that was not in the hosted version.

:-)

Doug

Doug --

As you've seen, in most cases the demo files will work without the need to make many changes. You will need to configure the mobile database so that the "Hosted_Database" external data source points to your FileMaker Server. Other than that, the demo should work "out of the box."

The script changes that are described in the documentation are necessary when you import the scripts into your own solution. (One of the things on my FileMaker Wish List is a new script step that would let us do a "Perform Script by Name." That would eliminate the need for those "Perform Script" changes.

Anyway, it sounds like you're off to a good start with EasySync. Let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems.

-- Tim

This topic is 3540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.