Accounting/Payroll Software Question

This topic is 3531 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are a small business (50 or so employees) that have invested many years in Filemaker and have no desire to change. That being said we are currently running MAS90 or SAGE 100 depending on what you want to call it. We are thinking about changing and was wondering if anyone has connected Filemaker to a 3rd party accounting package with success or if there is a company that integrates well with Filemaker. I realize I can import/export/script and make it work with any application (Filemaker is good like that) but wonder what everyone else is doing...

Thanks

Thom

Every day; you will have to find out which files MAS90 or SAGE 100; depending on what you want to call it, requires to communicate.

ProductiveComputing and one other provider both have plugins that let FM talk to QuickBooks through a PC native plugin that I believe is client-side only.  If QB is in the cards, I would recommend looking at this.  Otherwise, you can maybe look at building some form of middleware, or using PHP via the Scodigo or MBS plugins, that connects to Xero via their API or another accounting package.

I am looking at using the HTTPpost functionality as the bridge to more robust integration options through my own PHP-based site that will integrate with various services and I think it's a world of opportunity for FM.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.