Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Looking To Purchase FM13 Pro Advanced...extra Buy1Get1 free

This topic is 3555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Group,

Does anyone know how often FM offers promos??  

I am looking to purchase FileMaker Pro ADVANCED 13 $549 (non educational) 

I see they had a promo recently Buy1Get1 free last month ....June 2014

...So I would have had 2 copies (1 software download & 1 BOX copy)

...........with two different serial/activation codes

I would only have used 1 copy and would have had an extra that is not being used.

If which case I would be looking to get that to someone that was looking to purchase it.

If someone still has an EXTRA unopened box with a fresh, clean new activation code i can use as my own...

Perhaps I can help someone stuck with an extra copy that could be put to use.

I’m not sure this is entirely accurate.

You used to be able to do this with FileMaker’s permission. I would call FileMaker Inc Sales or Customer Service and run it by them. If you are being offered a license, check the number first.

Hi Josh,

That was in regards to being able to sell a license. There used to be a procedure where you could sell the license under some circumstances, so the buyer and seller needs to check it out with FileMaker Inc. FileMaker will not allow the transfer if the license was used as part of an upgrade.

HTH

Lee

The Buy One Get/Give One special specified that it was a "non-resale" version.  You can transfer the license easy enough. FMI just has a form for that.

Though you are completely right, they may have a circumstance where they would allow. It would be great if someone can confirm that either way.

Yes. Wow!  

Thank you for the discussion.  

Thanks Lee...

next week...I will Talk To Shawn at Filemaker and ask to be clear for the record.

Don't really wanna get anyone in a bind...including myself...lol

my 30 day trial expired today and I've not yet completed my education

......so i'm outta luck and have a lot of time invested

.........so i'm going to need to do something soon

ok...till then...thanks again...will update . . . . . 

TheHappyCabbie

Update.  2014 07 29 1052am est

Per Filemaker 1-800-325-2747

As I understand .....

Unopened / unregistered Filemaker 13 boxes should be non-issue and work just fine as if I purchased it direct.

Electronic Download - is linked/assigned to the person that provided that info on the Filemaker site. HOWEVER. if unregistered, this can be transferred to another party via FORM before registration.  Here is the link to forms - http://www.filemaker.com/company/legal/    

Also amazon resellers are out there, you can only confirm legitimacy using reviews and then you only know if you get 'hosed' if the registration fails. Kind of scary being a big purchase...$459.99+3.99 shipping

Also, internally...filemaker employees do not know when upcoming promos are to be initiated until a short time before it actually happens.

So, I hope this helps....

In conclusion, I am still in the market for FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced.  Should anyone having a 'spare' unregistered copy perhaps we can help each other.  My trial is expired and could use the software to assist my many more days of training in the days ahead.

cheers and happy coding !

Respectfully Submitted,

HappyCab

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3555 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.