Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Administrator Groups

This topic is 3544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I maintain many FM13 Servers and this Administrator Groups feature is quite helpful to our users.  I am having a problem I can't seem to figure out.  We just spun up 3 new FM13 servers and I can't quite get the Administrator Group page buttons to work right.

On the older servers, when I create a Admin Group and users click on the FileMaker Pro or WebDirect buttons FileMaker launches correctly, locates the database and pops it open, same with WebDirect.  On the new servers we just spun up, FileMaker launches but it can't find the database.  Same with WebDirect - the browser launches but it can't find the database.

I ran a test where I created an identical group on an old and new server.  Then I uploaded that same file on both servers.  In the older environment, everything works as expected, but in the new, it does not (as described above).

I opened the Admin Console on both, displayed the screens side by side to ensure they are identical. They appear to be identical, yet the problem persists.

Has anyone else had this experience?  I'm missing something obvious and just can't see it.  I have been through the fms13_help.pdf and other documents but still can't see the problem.  The error I receive is attached as a .png.

I would welcome some guidance.

[Windows Server 2012 R2, FMS 13.x.4)

post-105919-0-02942200-1407961229_thumb.

Ports were OK.  Turns out that when FMS 13 was installed it bound to iSCSI (remote storage aka: D drive) instead of the localhost.  Currently trying to figure out how to make it bind to the localhost.  That's why the Administrator Groups are not working, its looking to boot something from the remote drive instead of the local host.

I should have remembered this problem.  It consistently happens.

This topic is 3544 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.