Dynamic BOM list

Rankoor

This topic is 3523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a Bill of material (BOM) structure with 2 files:

File A which contains all items (Finished products, Semi finished products and purchased items), and the fields are item-number, item-name and various descriptions

File B is related to file A by Father number = Item-number and contains item-number, item-name as the A file.  

File B i populated via a portal where the user selects from File A items and specify quantities. A Finished or semi-finished production can therefore be comprised of a tree structure of items:

O  ------  S --------- S -------- i

l                l

l                l  -------- S

l                              l ------- i

l                              l ------- i

l------------ i

The component structure can be up to 10 or 12 levels deep depending on the complexity of the item.

Any given Semi finished or purchased item can be part of a number of build items

For any Finished/Semi finished products (0) i would like to be able to print a BOM list with all the sub items sorted as the above structure implies.

But i have trouble with identifying the items in file B which are related to the (o) item as child, grandchild, greath-grand child etc.

I have tried scripted loops and levels of relationships but have not found a god way to solve the problem.  

Ideas/solutions will be highly appreciated.

This topic is 3523 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.