Background suddenly resizing to fit the windowborder

Harm1989

This topic is 3485 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on this forum so go easy with me. I have started using Filemake Pro 13 on Windows 8.1 for almost two week.

I have recently hit a snag in the form of my background resizing to the width of the windowborder.

This probably is just a setting i missed but after some frustrated hours of trying to find a solution i have decided to ask teh people who will probably know.

So in short this is my problem:

Layout background with fixed width keeps resizing to the windowborder.

Thanks in advance.

Harm

post-111930-0-68651700-1410570910_thumb.

post-111930-0-19883300-1410570911_thumb.

• Newbies

Never mind, it seems I have found the problem although I do not understand why Filemaker does what it does in this case.

Problem:

Background suddenly resizing to fit the windowborder

Solution:

I had some Editboxes and Popups in a portal for wich I unlocked all the resize borders. this seems to have had the result that the backgroundwidth would maximise to the windowwidth.

Reason:

Unknown yet

Edit: Spelling. My english is terrible.

This is a consequence of layout object anchoring. If any objects are anchored to the right (bottom) of the window, or at least not the left (top) of the window, the layout background will expand to fill the window dimensions, and stretch or move those layout objects along with it. If you don't want that effect, lock all layout objects to the top and left.

Personally, I always want the layout to expand to fit the window. I sometimes go so far as to add invisible objects to the layout anchored to the right and bottom just to achieve the effect.

• Like 1

This topic is 3485 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.