Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Stock not changed after invoicing

This topic is 2986 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

First very happy with FM Starting Point ! A great help !

My problem :

When I create a new product, I put in "Amount in Stock" the total pieces of the item I bought. As I sell directly without going through creating "Projects" and "Estimates", I immediately go to "Invoices" in which I put every detail necessary. Then I put in "ID" for each sold product which gives the info belonging to the product such as price, cost, etc....

Then I close the invoice (I don't print nor mail it to the customer unless he needs the invoice) So far so good : I assume that my product is sold and then I go back to the "Products"-module and I remark that the fields "Total Sold", "Gross Sales", "Net profit" are empty and that the field "Amount in Stock" has not changed. So e.g. : I have 10 pieces in stock. I sold 5 pieces and still the "Amount in Stock" gives 10 pieces.

What am I doing wrong ?

hi josenoulezdemiguel,

Thank you for being a FM Starting Point fan. I would be glad to help you. In the Invoices module, click the "Commit from Inventory" button. This will apply product changes to your inventory. If by any reason you wanted take out a item from the invoices, click the "Revert Inventory", make your changes, and then click the "Commit from Inventory" button. In the Products module, the Sold, Sales, and Profit have not been changed. To update these totals, click the refresh icon at the top right. This will update your Products page and display all the current information about your product.

• 6 months later...
  • Newbies

I have a similar question, I think. The customization I've made needs to commit items line by line, not all lines at once. I'm fine moving the button to the end of each line next to the delete button, but any advice how to rewrite the script to commit one item at a time?

I'm reading through the current script now to see if I can use any of it. I'm better at adapting scripts than starting from scratch, unless I have step-by-step instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi In our video Course... for this production Video # 0210... cover the script that transfers items... from Estimates to Invoices.

Video #1109 talks about how the script commits inventory in FMSP.   

You would need to understand how these script work... then hack them apart....and recycle them for your purpose.

- Richard

• Newbies

@Richard - Looks like there may be an issue with the script  " (1116) INV_Commit/Uncommit_Inventory_Changes" in the current release. The loop exits right at the beginning since the portal is not found. 

Adding a script step "Got to Object [Object Name: "Invoice Portal"] " in the beginning of the loop allows the "Go to Portal" script step proceed since it is found (no 101 error) and execute the loop steps. 

skitch.png?resizeSmall&width=832

Environment: FM Pro Advanced 13.05 Mac / FMS 13.05 Mac

FMSP: 4.3v1 

Yah... Good catch something is broke here.   The fix it a not obvious....err not easy.  So I need to look at it a bit.  - RC

The funny thing is that I shot videos on this in the last 90 days...so I don't know how and why this got broke. - RC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Stock1.movHello Richard - First of all, thank you for sharing your skills and knowledge with us. You are a very big help in getting small business owners like myself started using Filemaker. 

Secondly, I've downloaded the latest version (I think) of the Starting Point Solution (FM_Starting_Point_46) (4.6.4)

I am still having the same problems as stated above with the "Amount in Stock" not updating. 

• I've 'Committed to inventory' after creating an invoice. 
  • I've also 'updated' the 'units sold' - 

But still , no change in the "Amount in Stock" field on the Products page...  - -  Well the amount never goes DOWN...

Funny thing is, if I go back to the invoice and hit the "Revert to Inventory" button, the stock does go UP! (It's a start, I guess) 

(I've attached a little movie of the process in this post below)

I also opened one of your older Starting Point Solutions (45), and everything works perfectly. 

Stuck ????

Thank you so much in advance...

BTW - I'm assuming that this is not important but the line of code seems to be 1126, not 1116 like stated in your above post. 

Script.jpg

Stock1.mov

Edited by Randy Bennett

Ok... we just shipped 4.6.5... and I was not aware of this issue until just now...as I was patrolling this forum.  I would really recommend reporting bugs... directly to us... by using the bug submitter button in FMSP. Press Preferences...->  then press the bug reporting button.

Items on forums like this receive less attention than does... our Bug reporting tool... or emails that are sent to [email protected].

We will review this issue probably tomorrow and see where it leads us.

- RC

• Like 1

This topic is 2986 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.