Uninstall

carlosnorvik

This topic is 3498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi:

By mistake I installed FM11Pro using the same licence key on 2 machines Windows 7 and Windows XP (yes, I still use it and love it)

I thought: no problem, I'll uninstall and reinstall on one of the machines.

Surprise, it does not appear in Add/remove programs XP; Programs and features W7, so I have no clue on how to properly remove it.

Right now I have 2 users who cannot use FM concurrently.

A possible solution is to upgrade one machine with an extra licence of FMPA 11 that I have, but I find it strange to be unable to remove it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Carlos

I had to do this once, a long time ago. I think I just change the Registration using the Register FileMaker (under the help), be sure you have the other Serial number. Either that or call customer support at FileMaker and they can instruct.

Thanks Lee, I installed FPA on one of the computers and solved the problem (FP stayed installed and runs as long as FPA is not running at the same time).

It is funny however that there is no "visible" way of uninstalling FP, I checked on several Windows machines and it was the same on all of them. I also tried via CCleaner and it does not appear as uninstalabe there either.

FPA on the other hand, does appear in the "Programs and features" dialog and in CCleaner.

Best regards

Carlos

PD
For me it was hassle free because of the extra FPA licence I had, it would have been far more complicated if I did not have it.

Hi Carlos,

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13597/kw/uninstall

Would this work for you?  As for XP, I loved it too ... it was one of the few stable (although still lacking) Windows versions but it is major security risk and it is time to let it go.

Please let me know if this would not work for you as I am interested in oddities.   :laugh2:

Windows:
You can use the Programs and Features control panel in Windows to uninstall FileMaker Pro/FileMaker Pro Advanced. For more information, refer to Windows Help and Support

Well I acknowledge that is pretty weak support - if you google search, there are probably other links about it.  My current Windows system is down (and I may never resurrect it) so I can't test.  It had both XP and 7 on it.  Upgrading was not feasible since it would not support 64-bit and version 12 or up.

Try this as well:  http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10764/kw/uninstall

And here, see page 19:  http://help.filemaker.com/ci/fattach/get/20430/1265670003/redirect/1/filename/fmp11_install.pdf

This is for v11.  If you have upgraded, please update your profile.  :-)

Hi LaRetta:

Can't use "program and features" because FMP is not displayed on the list of programs.

Possibly using the setup.exe will work, but I already installed FMPA and solved the problem. I will keep it in mind for future uninstalls.

I am still using 11 and don't plan to upgrade soon, too much money and the current setup with 11 works great for my use.

Also the time I would need to invest (with 2 remote.... locations) is too much.

Thanks

Carlos

This topic is 3498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.