Server Maintenance This Week. ×

mirror 360 sync of Invoices starter solution

This topic is 3425 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello i have a problem and perhaps you might be able to offer some advice. I have the invoices starter solution as my database base. Im using mirror sync to sync offline. I have several other layouts ive added and i can setup these to sync no problems except invoices no the database has 2 layouts "invoices " and "Invoices data" if i select invoices to sync and use the primary key invoices id i can get the top part of the layout to sync . There is a portal on the invoices layout that links to invoices data. this portal will remain blank even if ive added products on my iPad. (guess its because I'm not syncing invoices data) If i try to sync invoices data in mirror sync i get no primary keys so can't set it up. Invoices data looks up the invoice id from the $$ current Invoice. does any body know how i can get this to work ?? thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks but does anybody know how i may sync this data? i just want to sync the starter solution. The invoice ID for the invoices data uses a calculation to get the corresponding invoice number. Because mirror sync can't use calculations the invoices data will not sync. Any ideas please how i can get this to work.

thanks

• 1 month later...

There are two ways you can set this table up for syncing. The Invoice Data table is a join table between the Invoices and the Products table, with foreign keys pointing to each table. MirrorSync allows this sort of set up by allowing multiple primary keys. In the Primary Key setup dialog in our client, you can set Primary Key 1 to INVOICE ID MATCH FIELD and Primary Key 2 to PRODUCT ID MATCH FIELD (or vice versa).

Additionally, you could also create a primary key field for the Invoice Data table, but this shouldn't be necessary due to the previous method.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!

This topic is 3425 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.