How do i save records as individual pdf files

Miss A!

This topic is 3518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi again.....

I am being challenged.....i would like if possible to save my records as separateindividual pdf files - current situation, i have a folder in which i am saving a current record as pdf, when i go on to save second record, it replaces the existing one, i do not want  to use append to existing option, will not be suitable for my kind of presentation........Also i have an existing file that is not generated in filemaker but that i would like to attach to the same mail as well..........i am stuck here guys!

Also i have an existing file that is not generated in filemaker but that i would like to attach to the same mail as well.

FM only allows one attachment, so a second one will not work.  Unless you zip the two files and attach the zip file.

i would like if possible to save my records as separateindividual pdf files - current situation, i have a folder in which i am saving a current record as pdf, when i go on to save second record, it replaces the existing one

I'm assuming that you are looping through your records.  Simply create a unique file name each time through the loop...

• Like 1

ohh yeaah, saw that later - thank you....

Here again(sorry, i just began FM so it does not stop) i have this line in my script to save my record (Get(DocumentsPath) & "Quotation_" & Calculation2.0::lct_QuotationID & ".pdf"This is not what i want, i would like to save my record in a particular folder named "Quotations" under my documents - is there a way to get around this, maybe i am missing something in my script, see my mess below:

Go to Layout["Quotation"(Calculation2.0)]

Set Variable [$Path; Value:Get(DocumentsPath) & "Quotation_" & Calculation2.0::lct_QuotationID & ".pdf"

Save Record as PDF [Restore; No dialog; "$path"; Create email; Current record]

Go to Layout[Vehicle_Rental_Calculation" (Calculation2.0)]

This topic is 3518 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.