Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SQL Select will not update ?

This topic is 3502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Some wisdom please ...

I have a PO table and I have an Estimate table.

In my Estimate table I have a field that I want to list all the PO's that have been assigned to an Estimate.

I want to use a "SQL Select" only because is list horizontally, however the calculation will not update whenever a new PO has been added ??

It only updates when I physically navigate into the SQL calculation then back out to the layout.  Then the SQL updates.  I've try "Refresh" as well as clearing the cache check box that everybody says to avoid … but still the SQL only update after I navigate out of the SQL calculation.

So I tried the function "LIST" and this works perfectly, however it "List" the PO's vertically in the "Field" and I DO NOT want "Vertical".  I want "Horizontal".  The SQL Select" gives me what I want.  All I need to do is figure out how to get the SQL Select calculation to update in the "Estimate" table whenever a PO is added to the "PO" table.

Any suggestions, guidance, wisdom would be grateful.

Thanks everybody.

Tom

1. You need to make the calculation field with the SQL statement unstored.

2. List() gives you a horizontal list if you substitute the ¶ against another delimiter, e.g. ", ", or " / " etc.

Eos,

All I can say is I checked the "UnStored" check box before coming into the Forum just to make sure and other stuff … and I can not explain it, but it is working now ?? Strange.

Anyway, in your second example can you give me some guidance here.  I have trouble trying to interpret / understand the above example based off of Filemaker's defaults.  It's across the board ( All functions ), some make sense, others don't.

List ( field {; field…} )

So how would I substitute the carried return.

Thank you.

Tom

If List() returns a list – as in: multiple items – the list items are separated by a carriage return. Substitute that with a string of your choice, and you get a horizontal list; i.e. 

Substitute ( List ( SomeTable::someField ) ; ¶ ; ", " )

This topic is 3502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.