Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem importing data in different fields

This topic is 3486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

For most of two days I've been trying to get a FM12 database to import information from another FM12 database. Unfortunately I seem to be doing something wrong.

The general idea is to import information from one field into different fields of the other database, based on a relationship. That part is working but ... if I leave the field that creates the relationship blank I still get some input in the field that should only be filled based on the relationship. Can't figure out how to get it to work so that field is left blank.

The files it concerns can be found at:

http://www.beadmuseum.com/fm/samplecards.fmp12

http://www.beadmuseum.com/fm/samplecards_lijst.fmp12

The issue I'm talking about can be found in the file "samplecards_lijst.fmp12" on the layout "advertenties".

The relevant scripts are:

- set field text

- set field text advertentie 1

- set field text advertentie 2

- set field text advertentie 3

On the layout "advertenties" the first two rows show how it should work. The third row shows no relationshipcode in the first field, but still shows contenct in the field next to it. That's the part that shouldn't be happening.

Hope someone can help, kinda banging my head againt the wall here ;)

Thanks, Peter

Hi Peter,

Hi Everyone,

The files it concerns can be found at:

Please post your files here. If you don’t know how, just follow the steps here. ATTACH FILE

This is a learning forum and as such, we need to have all attachments posted here. That way, they will be available in the future to those who have a similar question. Experience has proven that when they are posted elsewhere, they are often removed once the  Member receives an answer to their question.

Lee

Hi Bruce,

It's not the endfile ;) I started with an old file that did the trick like it should but apparently something went wrong along the way. The question is about just the fields I mentioned in the first message.

Hope someone can help with those :)

Thanks, Peter

This topic is 3486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.