Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Popping A Popover from within a Portal

This topic is 3470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

On a customer layout we have a portal displaying the names related contacts.  Each portal row has a popover button on it that when popped will give the operator more detail about the contact.

The addition of a new related contact is scripted.  It sets the customer id in a variable, flips to a contacts utility table, creates the new contact record, sets the customer id from the variable and then flips back to the main customer record.

Using the go to object step I'd like it to pop the popover from the newly created record.  Instead it always pops the popover from the first record in the portal.

I've tried Go To Last Portal Record and then pop.  I can't seem to make this work.

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much.

I've tried Go To Last Portal Record and then pop.  I can't seem to make this work.

How do you know that the new contact will be the last portal row?

A way to definitively find the contact: after creating the new contact record, capture its primaryID; upon returning to your layout, go through the Contacts portal and loop through the rows until you find the new ID; then use Go to Object ( popoverPanelName ]. 

Alternatively, if your portal is not sorted differently from its relationship, and not filtered, you can use

Let (
  cl = List ( Contacts::primaryKey ) ; 
 ValueCount ( Left ( cl ; Position ( cl & ¶ ; $newContactID & ¶ ; 1 ; 1 ) ) )
)

to calculate the new contact's portal row number and pass it to Go to Portal Row [ by calculation ].

Thank for the suggestions.  It turned out that as there were multiple portals on the layout in question it was unsure what portal to go to. I assigned an object name to the required portal and used a go to object step to take the focus to the correct portal, then the go to last portal row step and then the go to object step specifying the associated popover. 

Thanks for your help.

This topic is 3470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.