Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Checkbox Count

This topic is 3459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a list of people & addresses with a Toggle Checkbox next to each name. Ticking the Checkbox marks them for Label Printing, this all works fine. What I'm after is a way to count the number of Checkboxes as they are checked, a running total. Such as tick one item, a separate field shows the number 1, tick two, it shows 2 and so on. I've tried the Count Function but cannot get it to work.

With Thanks

Create a Cartesian relationship between your table and a new TO of the same table. Make the count calculation count the field in the related TO. Make sure that the count field calculation is unstored.

What I'm after is a way to count the number of Checkboxes as they are checked, a running total.

A summary field defined as Count of [yourcheckboxfield], running, should provide what you want.

Note: your question is grossly misleading. You do not want to count the checkbox.  In general, a checkbox field can contain multiple values - and you would use the ValueCount() function to count them (within a single record). You, OTOH, want to count the number of records where the given field is not empty, regardless of how many values the field may contain in any given record.

This topic is 3459 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.