Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error 718 when running import script on server

This topic is 3458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an .xml file and corresponding .xslt file that I am using to import data. I am able to import the data using FM client with no problem. However when I attempt to import the same files by running a script on the server I get error 718 - Error is parsing XML file (from Xerces).

I can confirm that the server is seeing the correct files within the Documents folder on the server machine ( I had it exit the script and report back the file paths it was attempting to import ). I tried the same operation having the files come from the Temporary folder as well. Error 718 every time. Suggestions?

Yup, server compatibility is good. I should also add that I am referencing the file locations with variables ($XML & $XSLT), and I am specifying the data sources as files NOT as a calculation.

What is interesting is that FM Server is reporting the same error (718) that the client does when you attempt to use a variable to specify a data source as a calculation. to clarify:

Using FM Client => Specify a data source as a file reference using $Variable = success!

Using FM Client => Specify a data source as a calculation using $Variable = Error 718

Using FM Server => Specify a data source as a file reference using a $Variable = Error 718

I also tried using a calculation to point directly to the files on server. Something like: "filewin:" & Get ( TemporaryPath ) & <FileName>. When I tried this I got Error 717 (There is not enough XML/XSL information to proceed with the import or export). This is the error you get when the files can't be found at all. Though I can confirm that the files are there.

Thanks Kris, nice tool. XML and XSL are both valid, no errors.

Also, I am able to successfully import the exact same file using FM client without issue. In fact, I'm able to successfully import the files using the exact same script only having it run locally instead of on the server.

There is something critically different with how FM Server is treating the files. I know it is seeing them because you don't get error 718 unless it at least attempts to use the files.

I can't think of how it makes any difference, but just to draw a more complete picture, the files being used are being downloaded from an FTP into the Temporary folder before they are imported. The download is successful. I can watch it happen on the server machine. The files are getting there, but there's something different on Server.

This topic is 3458 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.