Server Maintenance This Week. ×

anyone using easy sync with 100's offline iOS users?

This topic is 3465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I want to create workflow solutions between an office and the customers with an offline FMGO solution which talks when cell signal is good. Users will only see their records obviously.

Example function: Office sends an opportunity to filtered customers meeting a criteria on the customers position. The customer declines or accepts . Container data would need to be exchanged, updated. Market pricing would update through the day and be pushed to customers. 

I assume this sort of solution would involve buying a max number of concurrent connections for FMS or does it bypass?

Thanks in advance 

Hi,

You will need concurrent connections, but......

I have been implementing a solution which will have about 100 iPads and we initially rolled out to 20 users.  We purchased 10 concurrent connections but found that we didn't need more than 5 with 20 users.  Server can be set to alert you when 80% of connections are in use so you would be able to start with a few connections and monitor usage.

You might consider adding a connection test which catches the error and prompts the user to try again later...

HTH

PJ

Aside from the licensing issue of figuring out how many users will potentially be on the server at the same time, you also have to figure out how robust that server needs to be to handle that load.  There is a HUGE difference between and handful and say 100 concurrent connections.  So work backwards from the worst-case, and take into account what the future growth may be.

I will probably beat you to it, Barbara. I will let you know how it works once I get it all worked out.

I currently have about 140 users using the fmgo now. They are online only right now, but I'm trying to get EasySync implemented so that they can use the software in poor coverage areas.

This topic is 3465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.