Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SC Companion and Yosemite

This topic is 3415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just bought a new laptop for my boss and it is running Yosemite (10.10.1).

When we open FM13 (v4) and SC Companion Plugin (2.896) is installed, we get an error telling us we need Java SE 6 installed.

If I remove the plugin, the message goes away. I would prefer not to have to jump through the hoops of installing or "reactivating" SE 6 if I don't have to. Per Apple's support website: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202643

Do I need to re-install Java?

Best Regards,

John Haffner

This is more a Yosemite issue than a FileMaker or an SC issue I believe. FWIW, my wife's laptop started giving us dialogs saying Java is required when she doesn't run anything that needs Java. We downloaded SE6, and the dialogs went away.

Hi John and welcome to the FMForums,

Just bought a new laptop for my boss and it is running Yosemite (10.10.1).

Please update your profile to reflect all of your current information. Here is a quick link for your convenience. MY PROFILE.

Lee

• 3 weeks later...

John,

Our plugins do all require 32 bit Java, and the Apple-provided Java 6 is the only available 32 bit Java for OS X. That being said, you shouldn't need to worry about anything at that support link you posted. That only refers to getting Java 6 working in browser or for Web Start, which isn't important for our plugins. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!

This topic is 3415 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.