Question re custom functions in Pro versus Advanced

This topic is 3412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We currently have two FM Pro licenses. I'm the primary database guy, and so wouldn't mind upgrading to Advanced to get various functionality, primarily custom functions. However, if I create a custom function, will the other license (my admin) be able to use them in her Pro version? I'd prefer not to upgrade both of us to Advanced.

Hi Mike,

Pro Advanced is required to install a custom function in a file but the file can be used by both Pro and Pro Advanced.  Go for it!  Pro Advanced (I still wish they hadn't changed the name from Developer), is critical if handling any even halfway-serious developing.  So she will only need Pro Advanced if she wants to install a custom function in a file.  Usually you can swap computers for a few hours if need be. :-)

• Like 1

Good deal. We have quite the 21st century office -- my paralegal is halfway across the country for me. As a result, we host our database using a service (ODI Technologies, which has been great).

So, basically, ODI is hosting the file, presumably on FileMaker Server. If I run Advanced, and my paralegal runs Pro -- that's OK? I.e., I can create custom functions and she can use them?

That's an affirmative, Mike!  That is ... if you are making changes to the served file and she accesses that file, she can use the custom functions you've installed in it.  :laugh2:

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 3412 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.