Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide object when calculation problem

This topic is 3429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, there

I am trying to hide a portal under certain conditions and it works fine with one condition but the moment I am applying more then one it does  hide anything at all anymore.  Here's what I did.

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ "Product Testing" or

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ " Assessment" or

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ "Trial"

It all comes down to a drop down list of notes while the portal is only required for this 3 options

anyone able to help. highly appreciated.

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ "Product Testing" or

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ " Assessment" or

T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ≠ "Trial"

Is T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note| the portal TO, and you want to hide the portal if there isn't at least one related record of one of the listed types?

Then the problem is that you're only testing against the field value from the first related record. Try

IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( List ( "Product Testing" ; "Assessment" ; "Trial" ) ; List ( T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type ) ) )

Tnx for your quick reply eos. But what the situation is somewhat different.  This is basically portal which is only relevant when one of the mentioned "expressions" come up in the note_subject field which is based on a value list with 12 different options. Product Testing, Assessment and Trial are the only ones where the portal is required.

Meaning that Product Testing, Assessment and Trials are not fields but values within a value list. 

Any idea?

[…] the situation is somewhat different.  This is basically portal which is only relevant when one of the mentioned "expressions" come up in the note_subject field which is based on a value list with 12 different options. Product Testing, Assessment and Trial are the only ones where the portal is required.

I don't see where the situation is different – except that there isn't any mentioning of that field in your first post; and what does the field you did mention (T16l_projects_NOTES||id_note|::Note_Type) have to do with anything?

To state the required expression in a generic fashion:

IsEmpty ( FilterValues ( anExpressionWithAListOfCheckValues ; List ( ThePortalTO::theFieldToCheckHoldingOneOfTwelveValues ) ) )

Meaning that Product Testing, Assessment and Trials are not fields but values within a value list. 

I know; List ( "Product Testing" ; "Assessment" ; "Trial" ) is not a list of fields, but a list of string literals which you use to filter a list of related values against – as in the suggested expression above.

Tnx. Sorry for the trouble. I have copied and pasted your suggestion and works smooth as baby skin. Btw. just for clarification: The field Note_Type is the one, which has the value list assigned. Tnx once again. Problem solved.

This topic is 3429 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.