Sign in to follow this  
bruceiow

Extend portal rows beyond initial default

Hi,

I have a layout that looks great on an Ipad. There is a portal on my layout that is set to 3 rows and that makes my standard layout show exactly on the ipad without any scrolling.

In 60% of cases, 3 rows will be enough, but it there any kind of override that will allow more rows to be added by the end user if they use the 3 available? Ideally i would see an add record button to allow rows to be added ad-infinitum.

I find the portal a little alien, unless I am misinterpreting it slightly. It would appear that at design time I say, give me n rows on my portal. at completion time I get n empty rows on my layout with no ability to decrease or increase the control beyond those parameters. 

Can I have a little clarity please!

You can add a scroll bar to the portal.

In addition, if you set the portal to auto-resize vertically, the number of rows will increase when you increase the vertical size of the window.

I find scrolling a portal on an iPad is very awkward. I haven't tried this but you could hide an additional portal (which starts at row 4)

I find scrolling a portal on an iPad is very awkward. I haven't tried this but you could hide an additional portal (which starts at row 4)

You can move to a "paged" portal, if you prefer. Adding another 3 rows (hard-wired to rows 4..6) is not really a solution.