Portal is not Modifiable

The Missing Man

This topic is 3371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I created a portal that is based on a company table related to a Estimate_Line Item table. To this I have two related fields: parent client key = ::child client key and check box options= vendor (which is a calculation field="vendor)

It currently tells me when I click in the portal on my company table that this action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable.

The portal is based on the Estimate_Line Item table and all fields located in it are from that table as well.

Any help appreciated.

With this clicked I get this action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable.

With it not clicked I cannot add anything.

In both situations I can go into existing records and modify them to my hearts content.

Any thoughts?

OK, I think I have it working. I eliminated one of my criteria in the relationship and it appears to have everything working now.

Ah yes, Stephen ... I misinterpreted this part:

I have two related fields: parent client key = ::child client key and check box options= vendor (which is a calculation field="vendor)

And since the Company table could not write 'Vendor' through to the Estimates field (because it was a calculation and therefore not modifiable) the action could not proceed.  Nice catch!

So yes, removing the checkbox line would do the trick! 

This topic is 3371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.