Exit Application not working without Close Window

This topic is 3314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a webdirect app which is working OK, but my script to exit doesn't seem to be working, e.g.

ExitApplication

does nothing, whereas

CloseWindow

ExitApplication

actually bumps the user back to the filemaker web direct database list home page.

Anyone else seeing this?

The FileMaker command Exit Application will have no effect on the application you're actually using to view the database, which is a web browser. There really isn't such a thing as a Web Direct database. You activate or allow Web Direct access in FMS.

I'm sorry, you seem to have totally misunderstood my question - this is a question about WebDirect behavior in the web browser, and under what circumstances the browser will or will not navigate to the Database Home Page:

Per the WebDirewct Guide page 18:

If you use the Exit Application script step or close the last virtual window with the Close Window script step, the script ends the user’s session and takes the user back to the Database Homepage. 

https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/docs/13/en/fm13_webdirect_guide.pdf

What I'm saying is that in my case, it doesn't work unless I use both commands.

Yes, thank you.   I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing that's odd:  I'm pretty sure that I'm not opening any additional windows, but I am use ReLogin() at one point  - I wonder if that could be related?

• 2 months later...

I run into the same problem. I am upgrading an FM11 solution to FM13. Part of the FM11 solution is an iwp module for time registration. In this module I have a script for the user to log off which uses Exit application. This no longer works in Webdirect. I also found that I need to use Close Window to be able to exit Webdirect.

This topic is 3314 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.