Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Using FMGo

This topic is 3385 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is it possible to store a FM file on a cloud drive so I can access it from FM12 on my iMac and FMGo on my iPhone. It is only me that will access the file at anytime on the desktop or iPhone and never on both at the same time.

Thanks in anticipation for any advise.

well.. the standard way of doing that is the Filemaker Server.  It will make the file available over the internet (cloud access) as long as the server is publicly available via IP address.  This might require the use of port forwarding in an environment where you have one public address for the entire network. 

I haven't done it in a long time, but a copy of Filemaker should be able to share with another (including FM Go) in the same way a server does and with just one user... seems like a usable solution to a point.  FM Server gives lots of extra capabilities that become handy in an environment where you are keeping a file open forever. 

I highly recommend using a hosted FM service. I use ODI Technologies, but there are many out there. Generally, for $20+ a month, you get your FM DB hosted with FM server, and "X" number of concurrent connections.

I'll post this link here, just as a recommendation . . . I do not have any ties to them. I have been very pleased with their service, and the reason I went with them at first over competitors was that one of their physical server locations is mid-way between where we summer and where we winter, and their help knowledge base was very thorough.

http://www.oditech.com

This topic is 3385 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.