Sign in to follow this  
Eden Morris

Pull select records

I have a table for images, it is set to push from the client. I want to make a script that will let me send a select statement to the host that will get the related images for a record and pull just those records to the client. Can you point me in the right direction to create this? I want to make sure that I do not reinvent the wheel if there is already a hook somewhere to do this. Also if you can think of any things to look out for such as preventing the regular sync process from deleting records that I have pulled?

I need more detail here also. I've read the linked documentation.

I have a system where a site has 1 parent record and 8 child tables. The client wants to be able to sync by site. I can do a full sync and sync just the site table to get my list of available sites, but I'm not sure of the best practice for specifying a sync for only the records related to that site.

Any changes I make on the client are still on the client. Would I need 2 syncs to perform this, 1 to send a stack of site ID's into the ES_Exclude logic on the server, and another to pull the records that resolve back to that site?

I read that section and it looks like doing a sync before I upload the file should work and there is nothing else I need to do is that correct? I just want to make sure that there isn't anything odd that happens with the PersistentID or something else I am not thinking of.