Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portals and Popover Button

djc728

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a portal and it has a popover button.  Inside the popover button is a container field.  I'd like to "Insert a PDF" into this container but its "grayed" out ( see enclosed picture ).  The container is set for "interactive" but for some reason I can't seem to insert a PDF and I don't know why it's grayed out.  

Also, in my enclosed picture I have inserted the Filemaker Go Development Guide BUT its not interactive and I can't scroll through any part of that PDF document.  I have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed on my Mac but I just can't seem to get this to work.

Anyone have any ideas I can try?  I even recreated the popover button but I still keep getting the grayed out "Insert to PDF" and the PDFs already in the container are NOT interactive. 

Dom

post-81903-0-39894800-1422487512_thumb.p

The one thing that has me stumped is the popover button appearing on the overlay.  I see that it is hidden when = 1.  So what makes it appear.  I'm assuming its the Go to object script step and that makes the object = 0???

The one thing that has me stumped is the popover button appearing on the overlay.  I see that it is hidden when = 1.  So what makes it appear.  I'm assuming its the Go to object script step and that makes the object = 0???

The "Go to Object" script step is opening the popover and making it visible. You do not need to set any objects to "0". The popover 'button' in my example is 'always' hidden.

I have the popover 'background' sent to transparent. The semi-transparent gray background that you see when the popover is open is an element that is totally separate from the popover (it's just a standard button) that is only visible when a value has been entered into the global field that defines which portal record to display.

I like to use a separate button as the background overlay because I am kind of picky about how things look. I like how I can make the overlay button expand all the way to the edges of the layout. If you use the default popover background it does not expand all the way to the edge of the layout and you end up with this uneven perimeter around your layout which looks unprofessional to me.

• Like 1

This topic is 3375 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.