Searching old posts

This topic is 3363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wanted to look at some of my older posts and replies I received, but the search results are filtered to more recent topics and for the life of me I can't find the filter settings. How do I view *really* older topics?

Thanks,

Stefan

Try searching using Google Site: fmforums.com your handle. i.e. Site: fmforums.com field stefangs

I did this search which hit the recent ones with this option  More results from fmforums.com. this is the link, but it it fails, just do the search and click on it,

Lee

Hi Stefan,

The forum has never had a strong search engine, and using the “Quick Find” at the top only finds a limited amount of things. If it finds what you are looking for, consider yourself lucky.

There is a stronger search available if you click on the Gear next to it. Unfortunately it also has some limitations, such as finding keywords of 3 letters. That’s why I do most of my searches using the site:fmforums.com Keywords approach now.

Ocean West, may have more to say about the archived threads. IMHO, I don’t see a lot of relevance in something that was answered 5 years ago and what the needs are today. If there is something, odds are that it has been asked again and probably more than once since then.  Also, the answers to those questions would probably be different, because of the new tools that have been given to us in the releases of FileMaker since then.

HTH

Lee

Lee,

I see what you mean about the relevance of older answers, but I was just about to post a question that I know I asked almost identically here previously. That's why I wanted to look it up which I did using your link. So the question is answered before I had to post again :-)

Btw, I missed the gear icon and that also helps.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi Rick,

It is my understanding that it will break, because the archived information is in a different place than our current Forum, so it can’t see it in the Search here. At least, that has been my experience also.

As I mentioned, Ocean West will need to supply whatever information I have left out.

This topic is 3363 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.