container field not showing content

This topic is 3339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi 

I've made a filemaker 13 database which all works ok with container fields set to ext storage and you can see the pdf's when looking at the fields all ok, but after I upload it to a filemaker server on a windows 2012 server I can no longer see the pdf's in the fields. only by exporting the content and showing it a viewer. Any ideas why it isn't showing in filemaker now it's on server.

Thanks in advance 

Clive

•  FileMaker Server supports progressive download of PDF files for externally stored container field objects. But to enable progressive download of a PDF file, you must create the PDF file using the

setting that optimizes the file for web viewing. For example, in Acrobat 9, use the setting “Optimize for Fast Web View.”

• 4 weeks later...

Server OSX V10.9.5 / FMPA V13.0.v5 Dev. File / FMS V13.0.5.520 Server

I have also experienced this problem. My .pdf's are stored (embedded) in a container field. When uploaded, the documents are not visible. Even though they are visable  in other files hosted.

Caveat: I remotely manage the server. I am not in the LAN where the server resides. Therefore using the "sharing>Upload to Filemaker Server" process will not work for me. I therefore "manually" place the uploaded files in their hosted location.

This topic is 3339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.