One layout of 12 on same table loads very slowly

Darren Emery

This topic is 3332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a very simple database of inspection schedules (inspector, day, time, type of inspection, etc) - with 12 layouts, all of which load almost instantly, except for 1.  There's not much special about the slow layout that I can see.  It contains almost the exact same info as 4 other very similiar layouts - but it takes 15 seconds or more to switch to this layout, where the others are less than a second.

It does have a bit more color, and a few more buttons, but I wouldn't think that would account for such a delay.

Is there any way I can examin what's going on under the hood, as this layout loads, to try to find the problem?

Short of that - are there key field types that are notorious for slowing down the system? 

BTW - this delay is only on the first time this layout is loaded during a session.  After the first load, it is as quick as the others.

Suggestions much appreciated!

+1 to check for unstored calcs.

Also check for conditional formatting and triggers attached to the layout or objects on the layout.

Is the problem layout showing related records? if yes do the related tables have unstored calcs?

I have a similar issue - and related tables with unstored calcs:

My layout has a portal with related data - this portal contains items that are checked out and on what date. One field in the portal LateCheck will compare dates to see if an item is late and assigns 1 or 0, I then have a summary field which counts the number of "late" items (or 1s.) When I enter this layout it is VERY slow. Instead of the summary field, I tried to create a self-join and use LateCheck as my match field. I then created a calc field Sum(LateCheck) - either way... VERY slow

Instead of unstored calcs, what is a better way to do this?

This topic is 3332 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.