Client reporting a 'Communication Error' syntax number 2146827286

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Help... can anyone shed light on what this error is and if (how) I can prevent it?!?

The solution I'm working on is to be shared via WebDirect and in my own testing I've been able to login remotely without any problems. However having given client access to test they've reported a browser Communication Error popping up which states:

"Take note of any unsaved data, and click here to continue.(Syntax Error) Syntax error number: 2146827286" (or something very similar)

Any advice would be much appreciated... 

Is the client using one of the support browsers, to wit:

• Safari 8 on OS X v10.10 Yosemite
  • Safari 6.1.x and Safari 7.x
  • Internet Explorer 10.x or 11.x
  • Chrome 27.x

http://www.filemaker.com/products/filemaker-server/server-13-specifications.html

Steven

Is the client using one of the support browsers...

I've asked her to clarify this for me and also to check on another PC if she can, both of which she is going to do this evening...

I've never seen this message before (ever) and would like to be able to eliminate all possibility for network issues at our end – the fact that I personally have had no problems accessing our host remotely either via Go, Filemaker (Mac) or WebDirect when testing leads me to believe the problem is at her end. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I've been having the same error; although sometimes the message is "invalid status code 0 (server down?). Using Server 13, Mac OS 10.2.2 running on a mac-mini. Many clients see this under Mac or Windows with Safari, Chrome and others. Long calls with Apple and FileMaker tech support have only revealed that this probably originates from a Java error. A reference to this can be found at: https://vaadin.com/forum/#!/thread/260242/7902865. 

• Newbies

This is reported while a client is accessing FM WebDirect using their browser. I've seen it with Chrome, IE and Safari under both Win and Mac. It seems to appear randomly and we can't reproduce it reliably, but is significant enough to discourage our clients. Again, the message appears at the top of the browser window; is a band of a deep red color with white lettering for the text of the message. A call to Apple didn't shed much light on things, except that they disavowed any OS X involvement in producing the message. FM technical support is investigating, but would like a hint to a reproducible scenario. Anybody able to reproduce this?

Thanks

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.