displaying html files from desktop

This topic is 3331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using FMP advanced 13.0v1 and I was wondering if there was a way to use a web viewer to display (and interact) with html files located on my computer rather than the web. I'm sort of new to some of this but it seems that when setting a custom web address that I'm unable to just set a path to an html file located in a folder on my computer. I've tried using this as a path (/Users/ComputerName/Desktop/folder/file.html) but the page just comes up blank. I'm sure this is a super basic question and I just need to be pointed in the right direction. Any ideas?

I've tried using this as a path (/Users/ComputerName/Desktop/folder/file.html)

Why don't you simply drop the file into a browser's window and copy the URL from there. It will probably* be:

file:///Users/ComputerName/Desktop/folder/file.html

---

(*) P.S. Please update your profile to reflect your OS.

Thank you, that did the trick. 

But while I'm at it, is there a way to open a text file from FMP? I know that I can save the file in a container field, but can I somehow open a text file (and somehow specify what text editor to open the file with) via a script from a FMP file?

But while I'm at it, is there a way to open a text file from FMP?

I am afraid that's not clear enough. Is the text file in fact stored in a container field? If yes, is it 'as reference only' or embedded? If not, how will you know which text file to open?

In any case, to open a file in an application other than the default one, you will have to use AppleScript.

This topic is 3331 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.