Popover window loading bar?

jdu98a

This topic is 3323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've noticed that some of my popovers get what appears to be a kind of loading bar at the bottom when they are opened. It appears for just about 1 second and then disappears. However, not all popovers display this. I thought it might have something to do with the client caching data that is being displayed in the popover, but even that is inconsistent. I have popovers that are displaying portals (something you would expect to have some indexing delay) and they don't get the bar. Then popovers that are simply displaying local table data will have one.

It's obviously not a huge issue, but as someone who is a bit anal about the look of layouts, every time I open up particular popovers my brain says "What is that bar?!"

**edit** I have also noticed that if you mouse over that bar before it disappears, it does not disappear.

I know exactly what you mean and it is PIB.  From what I can tell, the secret is to make sure all objects are well within the popover.  For example, the attached shows a popover ... notice it produces the scroll bar momentarily.  The field is at left 430 px when the left edge of the popover is 425 so it is 5 px within boundaries. 

Now move the field 5 px more to the right.  The scroll never shows.

popverEdge.fmp12.zip

Hey LaRetta,

Thanks for the insight. I hadn’t experienced this personally, but it is good to know that the problem exist and what to do about it. A good reminder that we need to be aware of White Space in these things.

Lee

I hadn’t experienced this personally...

So do you get the scroll bar originally on this file, Lee?  I'm asking to pin down whether Yosemite fixes the issue or whether you mean that you've just not experienced it prior to this file.  Thank you!

This topic is 3323 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.