FAA Data Pull - White Spaced Before Text

This topic is 3312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to build an FAA N number integration for my filemaker database.

Basically after entering an N number in the box and hitting a button filemaker goes to the fas website, and pulls all the relevant data to my database.

This all works fine but with the code I've written there are white spaces before and after the text. Please see sample file attached. 

Second, I will hide the web view and text box from the interface, not sure if we need to keep that
Third, if an employee enters an n number then hits Faa data bull button before the site has finished working the data won't pull correctly. So I was looking for a way to inactivate the gas pull button until the site has loaded or show an indicator that turns green once the site has loaded
Thoughts?

Matthew R White.fmp12.zip

Hey Matthew, Comment is right ... it is best to stick to a thread until resolved otherwise it wastes everyone's time having to repeat the same questions and discussions.  :-)

Matthew,

What makes you think that, if a post gets to page 2, nobody reads it?  You are incorrect on that; I doubt you can speak for everyone here, certainly not me.  I had been following the first thread and I saw you started a second and I shook my head ever so slightly over it, thinking you were blowing it.

You have the best Developer in this business helping you as is; nobody is better at getting to the issues than Comment.  If you do not understand something, you need to work it out on the existing threads.  Do not waste our time by starting new threads.

Thanks for the heads up however once a discussion gets to page 2 it gets missed by most people.

It's not a "heads up" and there is no "however" about it: you are breaking the forum rules. If you feel your thread had gone unnoticed, you can always bump it up.

I'm simply trying to get this issue resolved and get some answers as quick as possible. 

Your time is no more valuable than anyone else's here. When you double post, you are wasting our time.  If you're in a hurry, hire someone.

If other developers have suggestions or better approaches, I assure you that they would post them on the same thread (I certainly would) but most times Comment offers the perfect response so nobody can offer better alternative.  

Your time is no more valuable than anyone else's here. When you double post, you are wasting our time.  If you're in a hurry, hire someone.

Perfectly put, as always.

BTW, bumping a thread to the front again is fine ... just post "bump" or "I can use more help here.  This is what I tried and couldn't understand it ..."  

IOW, stick it out.  :-)

Where are the rules for this forum posted?

The first thread solved my issue of how to actually pull the data and how the calculation or script would work.

I want to make sure starting another thread inquiring about White Space when pulling this data or any other data is within or not with the rules and regs OR... if any other issues are Ever brought up as new threads within any thread throughout the entire fmforums.com, not exactly pertaining to the title header. 

This topic is 3312 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.