SSL Lock in Client no longer Green after .9 update

This topic is 2896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All

I spent most of the day following the instructions for upgrading my MacOS 10.10 FMSserver to v 13.0.9

I successfully installed a thawte SSL certificate - Confirmed the client was displaying a Green Encryption Key in the bottom left corner, Browsers connecting to WebDirect also show a validated certificate.

I attempted to install the .9 update but the installer told me to uninstall Java (was v8 40) - After figuring out how to downgrade my Java to v 7u 79 I again tried the .9 update which this time successfully installed!

Good news right?

Nooooo - my client no longer displays a Green Encryption Key in the bottom left corner when connected to the update .9 server

When you roll over the icon is now states "The SSL certificate for Filemaker server cannot be verified. You may be connected to server pretending to be your actual destination, which could put your confidential information at risk."

Web browsers connecting to WebDirect on the same server still correctly show the certificate as valid.

Any thoughts are appreciated - I have a demo for the client who owns this server on Friday and have already promised a demo of the certificate ! (help)

thanks

Jordan

You should have installed the custom certificate AFTER upgrading to v9 me thinks.  Import the certificate again and see if it makes a difference?  Worst case you might need to do the certificate request again and have the SSL certificate re-issued (should be free so no problem there, just a bit of work).

Hi Wim

Thanks for the reply

Wondering what makes you think I should have installed the cert after the .9 update?

I followed filemaker's own upgrade instructions here http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14568

Filemaker's instructions clearly state to install the cert first then apply the update(step 2).

Very frustrating if you're right and the officially instructions from filemaker are incorrect.

To import the cert again do I just re-run the import command from the terminal?

thanks again for the reply Wim!

After reading some other SSL related posts on this great site I learned and confirmed the problem only exists in Filemaker Pro Advance - the regular FM client displays the Green Encryption Lock icon.

What's up with you Filemaker Advanced?

WOW I'm really happy with the updates to Web Direct in the .9 update - looking exactly like the client now!

• 1 year later...

This topic is 2896 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.