Printing Portal Records

phanover

This topic is 3248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am in need of creating a printable version of my invoice layout. The layout contains 2 portals, of which the data needs to be printed out from. The first portal is contact information for the client, the second is item/inventory portal, which can range from 1 line to over 100. The printout needs to include all the portal rows from the item list, as well as the contact info. Is there a way to print this data on print report layout, without the report showing the data from all the invoice orders. Currently my print report shows the order number and the item list, however it shows a list of all the items across all order numbers. Is there a way for the report to be for a specific order number so that it only displays the data related to that one order? Please let me know if you have any ideas/solutions, or if you need more details to assist me. Thanks.

Base your print layout on the invoices table.

Script could go into find mode and isolate the invoice to print.

Alternately you could leverage GTRR to get to the invoice to print.

Another option would be to use the virtual table technique to produce data for the report.

Use a list layout based on the line items table, rather than printing a form layout with portal(s); since you (should) have a structure like

Client --< Invoice --< LineItem ( >-- Product)

you can list the line item records, and also display details from the related invoice and client records on that layout.

To constrain the found set to the line items of the current invoice, use the Go to Related Record[] step.

I have the print setup from a list layout, and all the client details are loading just fine, as well as the invoice number. However the line items from the portal are not loading when I switch to that layout. I have it setup so there is a print button that triggers a GTRR step and opens the layout in a new window in preview mode. All info is displayed except for the portal items. I can post the file if that would help understand my issue.

All info is displayed except for the portal items. I can post the file if that would help understand my issue.

​Again, as indicated, you should GTRR to the LineItems table, produce your report there with leading part based upon the InvoiceID - NO PORTALS.  :-)

The items in the print form are not within a portal on that layout. They are the items from a portal on the invoice layout that references the line items layout. The layout is under the table for line items, however the items related to the invoice number do not appear

The real file would be better … 

since it would give answers to questions like: is there a body part in that layout? Is the layout set to List view? Are there related records …? What does your script look like? etc.

(I'm not the greatest debugger, so there may / will be more / other pertinent questions … )

That zip doesn't unpack properly. Make sure the database file is closed before compressing it (not sure if that's the reason, but it is best practice anyway).

Move your fields downward so they are properly within the body part – and make that part smaller (less tall) so it encloses the fields just so.

Also, I suggest you amend the script with the step in bold:

Enter Preview Mode []
Adjust Window [ Resize to Fit ]

This topic is 3248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.