Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Solution that has implemented FM EasySync?

This topic is 3188 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a vertical market application that uses a php modale that gives mobile users access to their agenda (FM11). Currently I am rewriting this application from fp7 to fmp12. As part of this upgrade I want to offer mobile users an off-line module on iPads. Mainly because mobile users complain that they do not always have a good internet connection when on the road, so the performance is not always acceptable. 

I have implemented FM EAsySync in my application on a test server and on a small scale this looks good (Tim awesome job in setting up this framework). However, on this forum I noticed some comments about the processing time of synced records, so I am wondering if anyone has already succesfully implemented and rolled out this framework in an application. If so, I would like to hear about your experience in using this framework.

The last thing I want is to offer an off-line module to my customers as an improvement over the current php module (and require my users to purchase iPads)  and then find out that there are other performance problems.

I am not asking you to comment on the performance in my application. I realise this can not be done without detailed information about the application itself. I am just curious to find out who has already implemented this framework and rolled out an application that uses this framework.

Thanks,

Joost Kingma

• 2 months later...

I have rolled it out. Speeds are good with 30 tables being sunk. Round trip is about 30 seconds on wan and 20 seconds on lan. Managing errors is an on going issue. Getting a pescy field is not modifiable error that I can't figure out yet. Had to modify it some to allow table by table pull and push for debugging purposes. Also modified to resolve 504 errors where es_record_UUID has a different unique record I'd used on my system.  But speed is ok

This topic is 3188 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.