Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Heres a cutie

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Forum.

Heres a cutie of an excerise.

I have a Database with User Records. Each Record has name, surname, adress of a user as well as a tagfield. If I delete a user, I dont really want him to be deleted so I put the word "deleted" in the tagfield of the record.

In all subsequent operations when I list records I of course only list the ones that do not have "deleted" in that field.

Happy sofar?

Okay.

To Print a record (Say that of Mary Jane), I need to be sure that my found set is one, as Im printing quite a complex records with a print preview and pagenumber calculations etc etc etc to be straight I *must* use a found set of one here. So after printing I get back to my original Record Mary Jane, with a found set of one.

Problem:

Now I want to "show all" records again by clicking a "Show all" button I have made. I want to STAY on the record "Mary Jane" but just make sure that all the records that are "not deleted" around it will reshow in the found set.

This is turning out to be hard.

If I do a expand found set, the Mary Jane record Im on gets changed.

If I do a show all followed by a

Find "all that are deleted" and the show the omitted ones, I have no way of getting back to the Mary Jane record unless I write a big loop which is very inefficient.

Any ideas? How can I be on the Mary Jane record and "reshow" everything around me that is not deleted WITHOUT moving the record Im on?

Turns out to be quite the teaser...

Thanks!

This topic is 3256 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.