Where to put Admin Development

This topic is 3238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd like some thughts on this please. I'm using the seperation model and have a data file and currently one interface file. However, I know I'm going to create other interface files for other systems but keeping the data in the same data file so it can be accessed all together.

My question is - Where is the best place to put the administrator layouts (to grant user access etc) Should I create a seperate interface file just for this that gives the administrator the ability to provide access to all systems in one place or implement this in each of the interface files I create?

TIA

Thanks for the different responses.

I think I may not have been clear in my question. I have laready got external authentication setup for those users accessing the server / databases to ensure correct access.

What I'm now thinking of is an admin / superuser functionality whereby I would have one data file that would hold teacher/staff information, student information etc. This data itself needs to be managed, ie when students start / leave the school.

I will potentialy have a number of interface files accessing different aspects of this data, for example, Obs accessing staff, Assessment accessing Student etc

What I'd like to understand is would I be best creating an admin interface which allows a superuser access to create staff / students or putting this functionality in each of the interface files (possibly duplicating the work)

This topic is 3238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.