EasyCalendar not working after import

This topic is 3238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I don't know why, but every - Single - time i try to import a 3rd party database option into filemaker, it just doesn't work. I have a large Table with over 1000 items, all the fields are set, there's even a relationship set between EasyCal and the current table, but when ever I try to run the script it complains that 1) there is a record missing, and 2) it leaves the event field blank. I even imported the "Contacts" table from the demo database file and it STILL doesn't do anything. . What do I have to rename so that it stops Skipping the entire events entry section?

I have a Data::Item field that is being used for event description but it just creates multiple blank rows.

I had another calendar i was using completely fail for similar reasons.

What is going on here that I am missing?

Yiiber 

firstly easycal doesn't require a relationship set up that is one of the beauties of this. Tim provides very good documentation on setting this up and if followed you should not have a problem. In saying that I did get the dreaded ?  In the calendar instead of events but a change in the script saw this rectified.

i know when you are calling the field you want for example "events" in the script of you are using it as a relationship you might be putting it as table name:field name just ignore the table name as you should have already set this up in the script as the table to reference I think that is the first one to set up. Tim also points out that steps need to be followed otherwise you may get errors such as you are reporting. Sorry I don't have that at hand at the minute. This may be in the FAQs. Hope this helps.

This topic is 3238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.