Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Ways to extract summary report inc subtotals?

mrmacmusic

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'd appreciate any pointers with this...

Essentially I have a working report layout setup with two sub-summary parts. These parts both have the same summary fields on them but the parts are setup to summarise when sorted by different sorts: one by contactArea, one by contactCategory. This works perfectly – when I sort by both contactArea and contactCategory at the same time, I get both overall Area totals and Category subtotals (there is also a Grand Summary part which provides overall totals, i.e. sum of all Areas).

I can quite happily export this report as a PDF and that's fine, however I want to be able to capture all the summarised data weekly into records in a new reports table for future reference and analysis within the solution, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about this...  I want to set the data fields in this new report table so they are static and not calculated on the fly and am presuming I could/should use the GetSummary function to grab the data, but how does this work (or does it work at all) when I have 2 break fields (contactArea and contactCategory)..? I suppose I could just find records based on area and category first – i.e. show all north, category1 – then calculate the summaries I need but is there a better way..? 

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.