Corrupt table?

sal88

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

In our tickets layout we select the associated user via a 'personnel' value list, this references the 'personnel' table, via a relationship that excludes records marked as 'old'.

Just yesterday, users have reported that this value list doesn't work, when the associated field is clicked, nothing pops up. I have seen it, however when I am logged in it does not occur for some reason.

When I remove the 'via related records' option in the value list, it works for everyone just fine - but includes the old personnel.

What I have noticed though is that in the portal where personnel are specified (within the settings layout) (this is via a relationship that just shows all records), there is an invisible record at the bottom. I am able to add new records, however this invisible record, just looks like a blank record, which I cannot edit or delete, and cannot see when I access the table via a layout that has it as a primary table.

On a backup I deleted the entire contents of the personnel table, but there is still this invisible record in the portal.

Any ideas?

On a backup, do:

- save as compacted: is it still there?  If not, then schedule some time to do this on your real file.  This is a non-destructive action

- if that does not solve it, do a recover on the backup and go through the recover log to see what it reports and whether it solves it.  This is a destructive action so you don't want to reuse this file, but clone your current live file and import data from the recovered file

Thanks for your reply.

Save as compacted - I still get the same 'invisible' record in the portal

Recovery - the recovered file does not have the invisible record problem. I will therefore import the records in to a clone of the current file. Before I do that though, on the recovery, do i need to bother with any of the advanced settings?

What I have noticed though is that in the portal ... there is an invisible record at the bottom. I am able to add new records, however this invisible record, just looks like a blank record, which I cannot edit or delete, and cannot see when I access the table via a layout that has it as a primary table.

Just to be sure ... you are aware aren't you that when you have 'allow creation' on to a portal, there is always an empty record at the bottom of the portal which you cannot delete.  That may not be the issue here but the first time people see this 'invisible record', it can be confusing.

I suspect it also because you said when you view the table directly, the record does not exist - only when viewing the portal.

• Like 1

No it's not that, I do have the 'allow creation' option enabled, so there are actually two blank rows in the portal.

Thanks for checking :)

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 3229 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.