Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Connecting with filemaker

This topic is 3226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey everyone,

Just upgraded to filemaker server 14, and for some reason when I'm logging in to the server from home I can only connect using my old filemaker pro 13 application. The filemaker 14 mac application and filemaker 14 go application do not recognize any files when I type in my ip address.

Thoughts? Also, I'm a bit new at using the server/ip/over internet from home, I'm using an ip address in this format 2605:e000:a40a:5900:3850

Is that the correct format? It works with filemaker 13 and my files appear but just wanted to verify.

Thanks! :)

Matt

I'm using an ip address in this format 2605:e000:a40a:5900:3850

Where did you get that from?  It almost looks like an IPv6 address but you only have 5 groups, I'd expect 8.

You can connect to FMS with either an IPv4 or v6 address provided the FMS box actually has an v6 address.

Does this same address work from FMP13?  Are you sure you are connecting from 13 to the actual host and not accidentally just open a copy of the file somewhere else or from your local hard disk?

There is no change in how connections are initiated from 13 to 14, so if it works in 13 you should be able to just mimic the same thing in 14.  Can you post some screenshots of your "open remote" window in 13 (where you see the server on the left and the hosted file on the right).  Take the screenshot when you have selected the file on the right.

This topic is 3226 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.