Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't access FMS 14 Admin Console

This topic is 3179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FMS 14 installed on my development computer. I have had a long-standing problem with accessing FMS 14 Admin Console in Safari.  On the Start Admin Console page, the fields for username and password are not displayed in the dialog.

My workaround has been to access it in Chrome.  But now, when I try to address 127.0.0.1:16000 in Chrome, I see a No Data Received ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE screen.

I tried to update Java from build 31 to build 51 with no change. This is FMS 14.0 v1 on OS X 10.10.4.

Can anyone shed some light on either of these problems?

Thanks, Wim.  Yes, it is on the fms machine. 

I used localhost, and after a warning about invalid https certificate, I clicked "connect anyway", and gained access. 

My local IP 192.168.0.x and external IP both still gave me the error message.

... that's a big "slam the door in the face"....

It's one of the leading browsers.  If something does not work in one browser it is only normal to check all the other ones.  You may not care for one but your customers might.  Why would you close that door?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hello I have a similar or same issue, the Server is available as a test page, yet only local, outside the connection is a closed after a failed check upon SSL. Ports are open and all looks fine, just that nothing get displayed, and access to console it seems not to be working remotely.

Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 22.32.00.png

Also to mention that connection from my Mac, towards the servers IP is not working, when I try to upload a project into server.

Edited by UHL-Services
screenshot

Same question: any luck with another browser than Safari?  Firefox seems to be the most forgiving when it comes to self-signed certificates, but you can also try Chrome.

When you try to upload, are you on the same network as the FMS server?

Any firewall active on the FMS box?  Or on the route to it?

Variation on the theme:

I can connect to my FMSA14 (on MacPro running 10.9) Admin console with Safari on a Mac running 10.9 at the office (within the same LAN), but when I try from home, Safari on a Mac running 10.7, I get this when I click on start admin console after connection to the server with https<IP> :

Request-URI Too Large

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

I am trying to connect using <IP>:16000/admin-console.

The server is using SSL, with the self-signed default CA.

Anyone see this message before?

This topic is 3179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.