Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Attachment is hounding me

This topic is 3205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Here is the original post. There is no image attached to it.

--

When I try to edit my post here:
http://fmforums.com/forums/topic/97549-extract-email-ids-with-matching-domain-from-list-of-values/?do=findComment&comment=443417
I see an image that I have uploaded in another post - and if I don't do anything the image is added to the edited post.

The same thing happens when I try to edit the post here:
http://fmforums.com/forums/topic/97511-auto-edit-related-data/?do=findComment&comment=443430
which is another post in the same thread where I have attached the image originally.

It doesn't happen when I edit this post.

There is another thing different here: I am editing this post, and I don't see a Cancel button - unlike the other two posts.

Edited by comment

It did this to me also a few weeks ago.  It appeared that a new feature (which stores partially-created posts which we cancel out of) is stored and when we start a new response, it is brought into the post.  Of course that is not helpful to bring an attachment forward and it may not fit this exact case.

It only did this to me one time so I didn't report it, assuming it was caught and fixed.  Sorry, I should have spoken up sooner.

The lack of a cancel button has happened for me periodically as well but I could find no pattern and, after closing the browser and signing back in, it was fixed.  I assumed it was a browser issue.

I assumed it was a browser issue.

I signed in with another browser, and I didn't see the problem with the attachment there. However, it returned when I signed back with this browser (FF)  - until I have cleared the cache, cookies and locally stored data. Now it seems to be fixed.

WRT to canceling an edit: it seems this option is missing when you are editing the starting post of a thread?

Edited by comment

Good morning, Michael,

I have no Cancel button in this response.  I started typing then exited Safari and upon return the message was still here until I cleared Cache.  

It is nice in case of crash to find your partial entry saved here when you come back but it should only store on the same thread.  A Cancel button could allow the User to ditch their entry so it does not store when leaving but I like TechNet, for example, which tells you there was a partial entry saved and do you want to keep it.

Regardless, this temporary cache of your entry should not include the attachment.  As you discovered, when you deleted the attachment in the newer post, it wasn't a copy of the attachment but the original which was (legitimately) attached elsewhere.

This topic is 3205 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.