Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Relationship Won't Display (Description)

Hoytopher

This topic is 3155 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm using FMP 11 on a Mac running Yosemite. I have a button that says "Editors" in my "Submissions" page, and a portal linking to my "Editors" database. However, it was showing that the "Editors" field was unrelated. After establishing a relationship between one field in my "Editors" database, the database was considered relevant, whereas before it would say that the "...target was part of an unrelated field." Now, it is telling me that "...this layout cannot display the result." No calculations are involved, it's all text with info about contracts and the editor's information/previous work. What information am I missing to help others identify the problem? What can be done? I do not use scripting as I am unfamiliar with the process.

Additionally, in another portal, once I established the Editor/Submissions relationship, pressing "Work" will no longer open the pages it used to (the relevant author's prior work), and instead reverts the database back to its template rather than any specific page. It does not open the page when I press it, despite the relationship being the same.

Edited by Hoytopher

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hoytopher and welcome to the forum,

What do you mean by "graph?" How can I display that information?

graph = Relationship graph (Manage Databases >> Relationships Tab) Take a Screen Shot and copy it to a Reply

OR

Attach a copy of your file by compacting it i.e. zip it.

Lee

Hi Hoytopher and welcome to the forum,

graph = Relationship graph (Manage Databases >> Relationships Tab) Take a Screen Shot and copy it to a Reply

OR

Attach a copy of your file by compacting it i.e. zip it.

Lee

I'm not at the computer currently, but the relevant relationship graph:

Table: Submissions (larger database) -> Editors (clickable button/portal meant to link to the relevant database) = Editors (said database) -> name (field in database, have tried every section). I'd rather have it go just to editors, but it does not allow the option.

I will be at the computer and be able to give proper updates/relevant information around 90 minutes.

This topic is 3155 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.