Duplicate Node IDs

This topic is 3147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have reported this through the bug reporting system ( ticket number: 13920 ) but wanted to add the screenshot of the error that I received running an incremental backup this morning

Everything had worked perfectly until this morning and then we got the duplicate record error

I understand the problem and how to remedy it but wonder if there are any reasons why the duplication would exist and whether I need to test for errors like this as part of a maintenance routine of some description ?

Cheers

Harry

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 12.34.24.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 12.24.49.png

It's not really possible for MirrorSync to create duplicate primary keys when you're using serial numbers in a MirrorSync managed configuration. This is because it does not actually write primary key values. Even if there was a bug or a problem somewhere with MirrorSync that caused record duplication, each duplicate record would still have a unique primary key. 

Possible explanations for this would include a user changing the value, a script changing the value, an import duplicating primary keys, or having the next serial number set incorrectly.

if you're using a script that increments a number to get the next ID, I recommend switching to a simple auto-entered primary key. I also recommend checking the box to prevent modification of auto-entered values, and prevent users from doing imports. 

Thanks Jesse

We use simple auto incrementing primary keys but there is a process which moves data to be updated into the hub so it looks like what we are saying here is that there is a problem at source in moving this data :-)

I'll check on the processes involved .....

Cheers and thanks

Harry

This topic is 3147 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.