Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Question about duplicate records

This topic is 3146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For whatever reason I still run into issues with duplicate records every so often. My question is, if I get an error message saying one of my offline users on an iPad has a duplicate record and I go in and change the primary key to something different in my online database, will mirrorsync update that record for the offline user during the sync, thereby clearing the duplicate? Or will it skip that table completely when it detects the duplicate in the offline database?

Thanks.

Thanks Jesse, that is what I figured - darn.

I am using MirrorSync managed keys. Its weird because this table rarely ever has anything written or deleted in it - its data that is referenced but barely ever changed so no idea how it got a duplicate entry. Thanks for the quick reply. 

Yep there are, I have a script I run every time I send out a new version that exports and imports all the data. Could that confuse mirrorsync possibly when that happens? I am always sure to set the primary key "next value". Basically I import the records table by table, then sort them and get the highest primary key, then add 1000 to it to make sure to account for any possible offline records that might not have been synced yet, and I set that as the new "next primary key". 

My guess is that something with that scripted import is leading to duplicate serial numbers. I doubt that MirrorSync is involved at all, but if you want to be 100% certain, you can create a calculated field equal to the primary key, and use that as your MirrorSync serial number. That way, MirrorSync can't possible overwrite the primary key with another value.

This topic is 3146 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.