Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Script auto enter data to selected record (omitted record)

This topic is 3222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

HI All,

i am new to Filemaker, and i am not sure i post in the right Topic here.

I have the Layout list view and i have one field name "checked". I have create a edited box with global field named. I need help that when i type "Check" in global field and run script then selected or ommitted record will fill data "Check" to all the record in field name "Checked". 

Thanks for any help very much

Why would you want to do this on a regular basis? This sounds like you have a deeper problem and you are trying to address one of its symptoms.

Technically, if you have a global field named gValue and a Text field named Checked, then this script step;

Replace Field Contents [ YourTable::Checked; Replace with calculation: YourTable::gValue ]

will place the globally held value into the Checked field in all records in the current found set, except records that are locked by other users. This (locking by other users) is the reason why Replace Field Contents[] is normally reserved for situations like imported data cleanup - which is done once and while the current user is the only user that will access the records.

There is no way to manipulate omitted records. If you want to include them, you must do Show All Records[] first.

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

• Newbies

Thanks comment for helping. It works for me now. Next time I should check Filemaker formula before posting here. The reason i doing this because i have to check every single entry record in the right name.

Again thanks you very much

This topic is 3222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.