Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Script based on checkbox choices

This topic is 3247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FM 12 Adv Timing is a text field configured as a checkbox. Choices from a value list are morning, noon and evening. I can create separate reports for each choice by searching the value list, but I would like to create a single summary report that displays all the data. The break fields would be morning, noon and evening. I assume it's possible, but I can’t figure out how to do the find in a script.

If a record can be both "morning" and "noon" (and why else would you use checkboxes), then you cannot produce a report summarized by the timing, because a single record cannot appear in two places. Either create an individual record in a related table for each "shift", or look for another way (e.g. a script) to produce the report.

I am agree with "comment". Make three different fields for Morning, Noon and Evening. Then define them as check box sets with value list of "Yes" and "No" for example.  Make the check box field as small as the user can only see the check box and not the text of check box. Then you will be able to make reports based on all the three fields if they contain "Yes" string.

This topic is 3247 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.