Server Maintenance This Week. ×

keep track of amount owed VS amount paid

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone... newbie alert here I'm afraid ;)

I'm highly impressed with this FM Starting Point software, but I have been on a search to find invoicing software to this: to be able to track a running tally of amount owed vs amount paid for each account/client.

This is so important for me because most my clients do not refer to a specific invoice when they pay me, and will not change their accounting system, so it is next to impossible to know which specific invoices have been paid, so keeping a running total is the clearest way of knowing how much they still owe... I hope there is a way to do that, but couldn't find it, and don't have an idea how to add that functionality. 

Thanks,

Mark.

• 1 month later...

Hello Fred,

FM Starting Point has what we call "Partial Payment Support" in the Invoice Module. To access this feature, all you have to do is enter "Layout Mode" while in the invoice Data Entry Screen, and drag the "Partial Payment" portal (Scroll to the right while in Layout Mode to find it) on to the "Payment" tab.

This system allows you to enter an amount in any Invoice and apply it towards the total, and will show the amount remaining for the invoice.

If you would like, it is even Possible (with a bit of work) to pull that system out further and have a running total of invoices due vs. amount paid for each Contact/Account.

RCC offers One on One training sessions that can show you how to do this if you are interested in learning, or else for an hourly fee, we can just integrate this into your copy of Starting Point.

For additional information about these offers, email [email protected]

We also offer a "FileMaker 14 Video Training Course" for $49.99 with over 30 Hours of material on how to use FileMaker and FM Starting Point, as well as how to customize your solution to be the way you want it.

Download it here: http://www.learningfilemaker.com/fmpro.html

Thanks,

Jonathan Hogle

This topic is 3026 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.