Server Maintenance This Week. ×

High Level Pushing Data to a Web Direct layout

djc728

This topic is 3030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all:

Could someone give me a high level view of how I would go about pushing data from Filemaker to an online form.  I'm assuming I could open up the online form in a Web Direct layout but what would be the procedure to pull data from fields in Filemaker and push them into input fields on the web form ( if this can even be done ).  Just a high level process.  

Thanks.

Dom

Webdirect converts a FileMaker file to a web accessible application.

The resulting web application is transactionally bound to the data in the FileMaker file.

When you talk about an "on line form" do you mean a non filemaker webform and you want to get data from it?

Perhaps you would bet the website with a webviewer and scrape the data from the webviewer?

I'm originally from CT but, as of 3 years ago, now in MD.

Heres a good resource/community

http://cfdg.kyologic.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Edited by Kris M

I probably did not explain this well.  There is an online government form that I would like to populate with data from my Filemaker database.  Instead of cutting and pasting the data into each field on the online form I was hoping I could programmatically take the data from Filemaker to populate the online form.  Just not sure if that is possible..

Thanks.

That really depends on how that site is set up and what will it allow. With some sites, you can recreate the form (as your own page) in a web viewer, and have it submit the data to the site using the same protocol as their own page. Other sites will only accept submissions from their own pages - and then there's not much you can do. There are many variations to this - you really need to examine how exactly that site works. Perhaps they offer an API, and then you can bypass all this nonsense. In any case, this has nothing to do with Web Direct.

Edited by comment

@Comment: Thank you Comment.  I just realized I meant "Web Viewer" NOT "Web Direct".  It was one of those days.  Thanks again for all your help.

@Kris M : Thank you for the link.  I'll look into that.

This topic is 3030 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.